Friday, November 19

Pumpkin Carving

This is the first time time we have ever carved pumpkins as a family.  We’ve painted them before, but never carved, the kids were beyond thrilled!  They asked for DAYS if they could carve them yet!

PumpkinCarving PumpkinCarving-1

The girls loved the gooeyness

PumpkinCarving-2

Brody wouldn’t even touch it!

PumpkinCarving-3

I LOVED that Brody drew his own face to carve.  He does not like coloring or drawing, so to see him go to town made my heart happy.

PumpkinCarving-4 

…but after it was swelled with pride, I had to erase his face.  It was too close to the top to cut out.

PumpkinCarving-5 

I love that he is paying careful attention to drawing his second face

PumpkinCarving-6

See his fingers?  He’s measuring his legs so they will be the same length! 

PumpkinCarving-7 PumpkinCarving-8

His finished (second) pumpkin, shoes and all!

PumpkinCarving-9

Kylie’s face.  I didn’t get any pictures of her drawing hers, I was all gooey from picking out all the pumpkin seeds.

PumpkinCarving-10

Did get her cutting though…  Love the face!  Must have been hard to cut!

PumpkinCarving-11

Daddy and Brody starting cutting on his.  (Gotta add that I love the crack and the dunlop!  Fits perfectly with his mechanic shirt!)  Ha-haa!!)

PumpkinCarving-12

Everyone was working so nicely on their pumpkins

PumpkinCarving-13

I love that Reygann sticks her tongue out when she’s concentrating! 

PumpkinCarving-14

Cheesing with her cat pumpkin…  (the black circles are fur, btw)  :0)

PumpkinCarving-16

Brody found all the pieces that were cut out of his pumpkin and put them back in like a puzzle.  What a smart cookie!

PumpkinCarving-17 PumpkinCarving-18

Reygann working hard… again with the tongue.

PumpkinCarving-19 PumpkinCarving-20

This is the face I make.  I suck my lips in my face, as Deric would say!   I’m *always* doing it and he is *always* telling me to get them out of my face!

PumpkinCarving-21

Our finished pumpkins!  The kids had a blast and asked if they could do more, looks like we might have to get them each 2 next time!  :0)

No comments: