Sunday, February 14

Man-entines Day

Three years ago I saw this sign, but didn’t think about it again since (sorry the text is hard to read, it’s easier if you highlight it).  Until I was driving down the road and saw it again this year.  I always thought it was a joke, but I heard somewhere it wasn’t so I thought it would be fun to check it out!   I decided it would be more fun if it was a surprise.

ManentinesDay

I had to snap one in the car, I think this is the only kind of picture I like getting taken!

ManentinesDay-1 

Proof that we were actually there!

ManentinesDay-9

ManentinesDay-3 ManentinesDay-4

Not only did we have to make reservations, but they had the place all decorated too.  There were tablecloths on the tables, with candles and flowers (except our table was missing them), hearts hanging from the ceiling, and stickers on the walls.  We had to wait to be seated, they gave us menus, and had waiters come take our orders.  The waiters weren’t that used to serving though… it took about 20 minutes before they came to take our order!  Oops!

ManentinesDay-10

ManentinesDay-5

I told him his gift was related to dinner, not a gift kind of gift.  It was more like a White Castle Survival kit!

ManentinesDay-6 ManentinesDay-7

He opened it up, but said there was no way he was going to spread it out on the table! 

ManentinesDay-8

I don’t know why not!  Wouldn’t you have spread this out for everyone to see?  :0)

  ManentinesDay-11

Just incase you need a better look… We have room spray (I forgot to buy air freshener), imodium, disinfecting spray (incase the urge hits somewhere with less than stellar bathrooms!), reading material, beano, gas-x (incase you forgot to take the beano before), tums, preparation H (regular and itchy!), wipes, and toilet paper wipes!  Oh and I threw in some Boston Baked Beans incase he needs a little jump start!   He-hee!  I thought it was pretty funny, and it was nice to actually surprise him!  I think the best part is that the parking lot connects to a nice Japanese restaurant, so I had him pull into there to drive over to White Castle.  I think he thought we were going to end up at the Japanese place cause he turned on his turn signal before I told him to turn!  The only disappointing thing about the night was that we wanted to grab a coffee at a local coffee place and we got there 1 minute after they closed! :0( We know the owners, and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded, but we didn't want to be 'those people' (and we didn't see them in there). Bummer, I was looking forward to the Carmel Apple Cider! Yumm!

Now it’s his turn.  I took him out for 'Man-entines' day, and he’s supposed to take me out somewhere now.  I told him mine doesn’t need to be a surprise though!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm totally going to do this next year! What a fun, crazy idea!

jodes said...

So what did he think of everything!?!?

Michelle said...

Love it! You guys are so cute together! And I love the gift bag of stuff. :)