Friday, July 31

Columweil’s Surgery

 SurgeryDay

All of Jessica and Caleb’s friends (well, all that could reached) were contacted and asked to mail a bead and note so they could have a visual reminder of all the people thinking about them during the surgery.

SurgeryDay-1

Then all the notes were taken and put into this photo album, so they could look at them whenever they needed encouragement.  Do you see your bead in there??

SurgeryDay-2

We took the shuttle from the RMDH to the hospital.  They had the cutest signs!

SurgeryDay-3 SurgeryDay-4

I loved the bathroom signs!  How cute are they??

SurgeryDay-5 SurgeryDay-6 SurgeryDay-7

This little guy was by the elevator, his name is Remoc (it’s Comer backwards).   I took Mom and Dad’s picture by him while we waited for Caleb to come down and get us.

This is the ceiling of the elevator!  It changed colors at every floor, and it talked to you too.  It was too cool, I think all elevators should be like this!

 SurgeryDay-13

My first peek at Columweil.  Only 4 people are allowed in the room at a time, so after they visited for a little Caleb stepped out so I could come in and see him.  I waited right outside his room for a minute and took this pict then. 

SurgeryDay-14 SurgeryDay-15

Then I finally got to really see him.  I can’t be lieve how covered he is with stuff!

SurgeryDay-16

His incision is under the gauze running down his chest.  You can see bruising right next to it too.  Awww.

SurgeryDay-17

He still looks really sweet, even with all this crap on his face.

SurgeryDay-18

Do you see his tear?  So sweet!

SurgeryDay-19 SurgeryDay-20

Mamoo and Papoo with Columweil.

SurgeryDay-21

Baby jail

SurgeryDay-22

Caleb says he is doing HARD time!  He-hee!

SurgeryDay-23

I really like this one.

SurgeryDay-24 SurgeryDay-25

The brave parents

SurgeryDay-26 SurgeryDay-27

Loving on their little boy

SurgeryDay-28 SurgeryDay-29

I LOVE this one too.

SurgeryDay-30

Look at all those tubes and stuff!

SurgeryDay-31

A last moment before leaving.

SurgeryDay-32

Going ‘home’ for the night to get some rest so they can be there for the little guy in the morning.

2 comments:

Devin said...

Oh, Julie...these pics just break my heart. Just wanted you to know that I am praying fervently for this little guy!

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for all the pictures. Even though I was out of town and out of the loop, I was and am still praying. I love you guys so much. Sweet sweet little man!