Thursday, July 30

Waiting

My nephew had open heart surgery today, to correct a few problems he was born with.  Most of my family went up to the hospital to wait with them during the 7 hour surgery.  The waiting room was really packed so my sister and her husband decided to wait back at the Ronald McDonald House since that is where they are staying and it is just across the street hospital.

RMDH-14

RMDH-1

One of the people staying there asked if we were having a board meeting, since we had so many computers!   I think there were 5 computers and 7 people!  We have to stay in touch ya know!

RMDH-2

Doing their best to keep friends and family up to date.

RMDH   RMDH

They got a few phone calls from a nurse to let them know how the surgery was going.  I thought I would catch one of them, and it happened to be the one that told them the surgery was over! 

RMDH-1

Updating again, getting the call that they can see their little boy!

RMDH-2 RMDH-3

Buh-bye folks! 

RMDH-4

Since we were still at the house I thought I would take a few picts of the place.  I am impressed at how wonderful it is!  This is about half the kitchen, it is MASSIVE!

RMDH-8

The dining room was massive too!

RMDH-5

Right off of the kitchen/dining room there was a well stocked play room for the kids.  They think of everything!  The window on the back wall looks into one of the living rooms, I didn’t get a picture of it though.

RMDH-6

I’m not sure what to call this room.  After you walk in the foyer you come to this room, one way will take you to the dining room/kitchen, one to the elevator, and one to the back living room.  Whatever room it is, it was pretty sweet.  I think my next house is going to have to have a circle room!

RMDH-7  RMDH-10

The smaller back family room, after hanging out in the dining room most of the time we moved over here.

RMDH-11

There was a little seating area in there too, along with puzzles and games and stuff.  The room to the right is a computer room, I think it had 4 computers in there for the residents to use.

RMDH-12

I tried to get a picture of the outside of the house, but I didn’t have my small lens so even though I was standing on the edge of the street I still couldn’t get the whole thing in! 

RMDH-13

Yeah, it’s missing a whole wing… you get the point, right?

I’ll work on posting the pictures of him at the hospital tomorrow, it’s been a long day!

4 comments:

Marlana said...

This is a great post; nice overview of everything that happened yesterday. Thanks!

Jessica said...

well i was planning on posting pics and updates myself on my blog...guess there's no point now. :/

nice pics by the way!

Julie said...

Actually you still need to Jess, I want to hear about your chores and stuff! I was actually hoping you would have posted about it too!

Thanks!

Jessica said...

lol! will do Julie! I'm downloading some more pics now and as long as Columweil is still sleeping I'll work on the post. :)I'll try to get it done today (depending on how awake he is today!)