Monday, July 20

Happy 4th of July!

 

If you live anywhere near us, you would know it was a soggy 4th this year!  We are total diehards though, we went to our local parade anyways hoping it would dry out before the parade actually started.  Our luck wasn’t that good, so we waited in the car after we saved our spot.  We had about an hour to kill so I tried having the kids rest since it was nap time anyways, but that didn’t go over so well! 

Happy4th

We don’t ever get pictures of us, so since we were stuck in the car I made him snap a few of the two of us.

Happy4th-1

…but then Deric tried to take a nap.

Happy4th-2

Brody didn’t…

Happy4th-3

…and neither did the girls, but they pretended to!

Happy4th-4

See, it was wet.  Really, REALLY wet!

Happy4th-5

Once the parade was about to start we ventured out of the car, and tried to stay dry best we could.

Happy4th-6 Happy4th-7 Happy4th-8

It was pretty chilly out and I was really glad I thought to grab the kids coats as we walked out the door!

Happy4th-9 Happy4th-10 Happy4th-11 Happy4th-12 Happy4th-13

I got these silly hats at the target dollar section, I got them so they would keep the sun out of the kids eyes, who knew I would use them to keep the rain off their heads!

Happy4th-14

I love this picture, it kinda sums up the day… (and I love the fact that their pants are all soaked at the bottom)

Happy4th-15 

Everyone covering their ears

Happy4th-16

…as they shot off the cannon!  I was ready for it and it still scared the crap out of me!

Happy4th-17

The bad thing about the hats was the glitter… oh the glitter! 

Happy4th-18

Glitter here…

Happy4th-19

…glitter there

Happy4th-20

…glitter, glitter EVERYWHERE!!  Seriously we were all covered, even Deric and I!  We literally had no where to wipe our hands off at, everything was coated!

Happy4th-21

Poor Brody’s feet were all prunie when he took off his shoes! 

Happy4th-22

It was nice when it finally quit to see a rainbow!

Happy4th-23

After a picnic (inside) at my parents house we were on our way to the fireworks.  We weren’t really sure if they were going to have them since it rained all day but it quit just in time.  Brody fell asleep on our way (it was only a 10 minute drive!) and we let him sleep for a little since they weren’t going to start for a little. 

Happy4th-24 Happy4th-25

The girls did some sparklersHappy4th-26 …and so did we. 

And the next morning I got a call from my dad to buy a paper.  And this is what was inside! 

ParadeGirlsBlur

Brody keep picking up the paper and tipping it saying “Where Brody, where baby Brody?” 

Sorry Buddy, you didn’t make it in this time!

4 comments:

Tim, Lisa, Logan, and Nathan Wilson said...

I bought those hats too and completely forgot about them! I guess there is next year!

jodes said...

Great picture of you and Deric!

Michelle said...

I love that you are such a true fan of the 4th of July! I love the pictures and the glitter. Fun times. And even a spot in the paper :)

'becca said...

i bought glittery green derby hats in the target dollar section a couple of st. patrick's days ago ... same thing! glitter all over the place!