Tuesday, October 13

L C Fair!

Fair

Doesn’t it look nice and warm in that picture?  Not cold and crisp like it is now?  That’s cause it’s from this summer.  I thought about posting the pictures right away, but it seems like I prefer to post pictures months after the fact and I didn’t want to shock you by actually posting something right after it happened!  *grin*

Fair-1

I loved all of these pictures for different reasons and I couldn’t pick one, so I picked 4!

Fair-2 Fair-3 Fair-4 Fair-5

Brody was a lot less sure about being on the ferris wheel!

Fair-6

There we go a nice fake, almost smile.  Who me?  I’m not scared…

Fair-7

Deric took the day off of work and made it an all day trip.  We got the kids wristbands so they could ride all the rides they wanted.  After the ferris wheel we went on the swings.  And by ‘we’ I mean the kids and I had to go to cause Brody was borderline too little. 

Fair-8

He didn’t really like it, could you tell?!

Fair-9

I reached over before we swung too far apart and held on to his swing and rubbed his arm the whole time.

Fair-10

It didn’t stop him from going on the nest ride though…

Fair-11

Wee here we go!

Fair-12

Ahhh, I don’t like this!  GET ME OFF!!

Fair-13

The guy saw Brody and stopped the ride after just one pass to let him off, then the ride continued on.

Fair-14

I’m not sure what he was scared of, it wasn’t a crazy ride.

Fair-15

The motorcycles were next

Fair-16 Fair-17

Making the horn honk

Fair-18

bye guys

Fair-19

(a little bit of whiplash when the ride started!)

Fair-20

I don’t know about this…

Fair-21

I DON’T LIKE IT!

Fair-22

Of course the girls were good, they loved it!

Fair-23

So we tried the boats…  With success!  All they did was go in a circle, no ups, no downs.  Perfect!

Fair-24

The girls liked them too

Fair-25 Fair-26

Brody stayed on the boats and I took the girls over to the slide thing.  It was a mess of stuff you had to get through, ah kinda like an obstacle course.  And there was a gigantic slide all the way at the top you got to go down if you made it to it.  The girls loved it, seriously we did it 20 times over and over and over again! 

Fair-27 Fair-28 Fair-29

We finally broke the girls away from the slide thing, and Brody from the boats and we tried the train next.  The first time around they got to ride in the engine and ding the bell and blow the whistle. 

Fair-30 Fair-31 Fair-32 Fair-33

Brody stayed on the train and the girls took a turn on the dizzy dragon

Fair-34

He loved the train, he was just tired and zoning out at this point.

Fair-35

The next ride was the trucks.  They had fire trucks, hummers, jeeps, and other trucks, they all had fun riding on this one too.  Brody stayed here for a few more times and the girls went back to the swings. 

Fair-36 Fair-39Fair-37

Next we hit the carousel, Brody was just a bit too small to ride alone so Daddy went with to hang on to him.

Fair-38  Fair-40 

It started raining again, so we decided it was time to check out the animals.  Uncle Tommy and Brody looking through a hole at the horses.

Fair-41 Fair-42

Aren’t they too cute?

Fair-43

The kids loved the piglets

Fair-44

(…and I am pretty sure Uncle Tommy is telling a inappropriate joke here!)

Fair-45 

Brody kept saying that his feet hurt, and since Uncle Tommy is wrapped around his finger he carried him around for a while

Fair-46

It stopped raining (for the most part) and so we hit the rides again.  If you look close, you can just see Brody in there too.

The girls did the slide thing again, so Brody and I sat on the bench and waited.  We were going to ride on the boats some more, but the seats were all filled with water.  So he made silly faces and I took pictures!

Fair-63 

We checked out the petting zoo area they had this year, one lady was done and gave us the rest of the cup of food she bought for them.  There were normal animals

Fair-64 and cooler animals!  I loved the zebra, I’ve never been so close to one before! 

Fair-67

There were other odd ones too, like Emu and some crazy rabbit looking thing.

Fair-68

These are the only pictures I have related to food… can you tell why they are?

Fair-69

Oh the food!  It’s always so amazing (and expensive)!  Actually nothing really impressed us too much this time, but the very last day of the fair (yes, we went more that once) we found one that knocked our socks off!  Hopefully they will be back next year!  We will definitely be doing the ride pass again too!  I tried to keep track of what rides we went on and how many times, and I came up with that we would have needed to buy 240 tickets, at $1.25 a piece we would have spent $300, just on tickets!  Wowza! 

 

Maybe I should have blogged about this sooner… now I want to go back to the fair!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Michelle said...

Love the fair pictures! And all of Brody's attempts at the rides...if it makes him feel any better Kaden was terrified of the dragon roller coaster and he's 5! :)