Monday, November 16

Going, going, GONE!

On October 31st Kylie discovered that her tooth was ‘bendy’, and was absolutely thrilled!!  She has been dying to lose a tooth for a LONG time now!  I grabbed the camera and took a quick video of her (pardon, the unbrushed hair, the dress-up that is falling off, and her excited strange behavior!) 

Kylie’s tooth has been loose for 2 weeks now and it hasn’t changed too much, but after giving her an apple in her lunch her tooth became REALLY wiggly!  A friends son lost his tooth accidentally (I think he was 2?) and she posted the last picture of his smile before he lost it and it got me thinking.   So Saturday morning I took a few pictures of her ‘last smiles’.

KyliesWigglyTooth-7 KyliesWigglyTooth KyliesWigglyTooth-1

You really can’t tell here, but she closed her teeth with the tooth on the wrong side.  It is in front of her top tooth instead of behind it since it is so loose.

KyliesWigglyTooth-2 KyliesWigglyTooth-3

I’m glad I took the pictures because she lost the tooth the next day!  She actually made it all the way through the day, and when I was tucking her in to bed I asked if I could try to pull it out.  (It was barely hanging on and I really, really didn’t want her to lose it at school and possibly lose it!)  She said I could try, but only if I agreed to put a piece of candy in her lunch!  That’s my girl!!  I’m not sure who was more nervous, me or Kylie!  I grabbed it and chickened out and let go as I pulled, I got it on the second try though! 

She cried for half a second and just looked shocked!   You can see the tears in the first 2 pictures  :0(

KyliesLostTooth KyliesLostTooth-1

I had her close her eyes and put her in front of the mirror, and took a picture of her checking out her lack of tooth for the first time!

KyliesLostTooth-2 

And checked it out, and checked it out!

     KyliesLostTooth-8

Isn’t that a cute toothless grin?!

KyliesLostTooth-9

I can’t believe how tiny it was, It seemed smaller once it was out!

KyliesLostTooth-10

She told me she was going to put it back in!  Silly girl!

KyliesLostTooth-11

Showing off her new tooth pillow

KyliesLostTooth-12KyliesLostTooth-13

And sharing the news!

KyliesToothGone-9KyliesToothGone

And here she is, my toothless girl!  I snapped a few ‘afters’ when she got home from school today.  Isn’t she cute??

KyliesToothGone-5KyliesToothGone-6KyliesToothGone-7 

I forgot to video her after she lost it, so I’ll have to try to do that tomorrow…

No comments: