Sunday, April 25

My Artists

 I bought a bunch of canvases to put on the ledge with high hopes of the kids making ‘art’ for our playroom.  The more I thought about it the more I was dreading having them do it!  I tend to be more of a perfectionist about some stuff, so I knew this might drive me over the edge!  I wasn’t going to have them make them yet, but someone kept pestering me about doing them and I just got sick of them bugging me, so I finally let them do it!  I was going to get a paint pen or something to make it easier, and a few new brushes… but that didn’t happen either.   Since the thought of all 3 of them wielding paint brushes at the same time terrified me I had them do it one at a time!  :0)  

The first child painted the flower one, I thought I was going to DIE!  They painted a bunch of yellow middles not really thinking about where they were placing them, then they started to add the flower around it and sometimes it was really lumpy and bumpy!   I wanted to grab the brush and ‘fix’ them SO BADLY!!   I did pretty good at holding back, and not saying much either… but I did slip a few times *sheepish grin*  Even the stems being uneven and splotchy drove me crazy, but once it was al done it was like MAGIC.  I LOVE IT!!!  I can’t stop looking at it, I want a million more painted just like it!  *sigh* 

It did take all day to get them finished, since I was doing them one at a time (and blow drying them in between the colors).  It was requested that the bird and the tree ones matched, so I helped them make it line up on the bottom.  The tree and bird were done in pencil by the child, but then I was asked to edge the bird’s body and the top of the tree, that’s it.  The rest of it is all them! 

PlayRoomArt

PlayRoomArt-1 PlayRoomArt-2 PlayRoomArt-3 PlayRoomArt-4 PlayRoomArt-5 PlayRoomArt-6 PlayRoomArt-7 PlayRoomArt-8

PlayRoomCollage

Can you guess who made which picture?  Use the number and leave a guess in the comments.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

1&6 the oldest, 2&5 the son and the other two your 2nd daughter. (I don't remember their names...hmmmm. Brody, Regan and ??? GREAT pics. all are keepers a very sweet and colorful idea and room!

Jessica said...

01. Reygann
02. Brody
03. Kylie Jo
04. Kylie Jo
05. Brody
06. Reygann

*ok, so #3 could be Reygann and #6 could be Kylie Jo... still not 100% sure... Doesn't really matter though, they all did a FANTASTIC job on their paintings.. *ahem*, excuse me, their masterpieces. :-)

Rebecca said...

Reygann, Brodie, Kylie, Kylie, Brodie, Reygan. So cute. You have such decorating talent!

We got the sheets this weekend. Thank you so much. Calvin was thrilled!

Hummel Family said...

what a great idea!!!!!!!!!