Tuesday, March 3

House Update

There has been a LOT going on over here and I am SO excited! We are making tons of progress that you can actually see! About 3 Saturdays ago we put down the playroom floor! That was a nice change! The kids had been playing in there on the old wood floors patched with plywood, even though I mopped it there was still a lot of construction dirt coming off of it. It only took about 2 hours from start to finish. It was a little difficult that the kids were constantly in and out of there the whole time!

This picture is looking in from the kitchen. Of course I took the picture and then Deric put in the base, I should have waited!

I'm in the closet taking this one. Kylie wanted to show off her dancing skills for me. The door behind her leads into the kitchen. You can see the toys we pulled out of there in the boxes behind her too.

This is our only piece of floor left!! It isn't even a full piece either, talk about cutting it close!

The next weekend Deric worked on our bathroom tile! It took ALL day Saturday to get it all done, we almost didn't get it finished in time to make it to Church! (We've been going to the Saturday service a lot so Deric can get some work done Sunday morning too.) Sunday he grouted and wrapped up some other stuff too.

Brody 'helping' daddy. More like 'Brody touching the tiles and moving them so daddy has to put them in place again'!

That's better

My tub is half done, what do you think? I think I didn't like it!! Oh no!! For some reason I thought it looked medieval and dungeonish, I kinda liked it but not too much. I figured I'd like it better once it was all done and put together...

Finishing up the tub tile

And getting started on the floor

A better view of the tub all done

The floor is almost done now
All done! Just waiting for it to dry so we can grout it!
This past weekend Deric worked on the stairs. During the week Deric has been working on the trim and it is mostly done. Everything is really starting to take shape now! First thing he took down the plastic! I haven't ever seen the house without the plastic! It looks so big and open now, it is really crazy! I can stand at one end of the house and look all the way to the opposite wall in our room. It is really cluttered looking, but what do you expect there are tools EVERYWHERE!!
My first look at what it is going to look like.

All trimmed out (It's hard to tell but the opening has all the trim work on it now)

Then he got to work on my bathroom vanity.

Peek-a-boo Brody!


We had fun playing in the hole, and running around the dresser

Scoring the top so he could cut the hole

Too late to turn back now! You are going to have to wait for the finished product on this one, we aren't done yet...
I think that's all. You should be all caught up again!


4 comments:

jodes said...

Deric is Amazing. He did such a fabulous job - on all of it!! i love the bathroom!! Can we borrow him in a year or so when we start our house project??

By the way, love Brody's shoes. ;o)

Michelle said...

Wow! What an amazing job! I can't wait to see it all finished...you all will be bored with all the extra time on your hands...what are you going to do! :) Oh and I really like your bathroom!

Brooke said...

Everything looks so great!! I'm so excited for you!!

Devin said...

Oh, Julie!! It looks just fabulous!!!

It is fun being on the outside looking in on someone else's project for a change--it really, really is awesome! And I love the time on the bath, it's great!!

Can't wait to see the finished project!