Friday, February 27

Good one!

I love posting funny things the kids say and do, but most of the time I forget to write it down and it never gets posted. So I am going to try really hard to not forget, starting with this one...

We went to Home Depot bright and early this morning to get a few more feet of base, I decided to get crown for our room too and I knew our room was 12x12 so that is easy. I need 12 ft boards (that is was Deric said to get too), so that is what I was getting. The guy there was telling me that I need 13ft boards since they tip out and we will need extra room to cut them. Ok, that makes sense to me. I tried calling Deric, but he didn't answer. He called me back after I've already left the store. Our conversation went something like this...

D: Hey, what did ya need?

J: I was checking with you what size crown we need...

D: 12 ft, that's what I wrote down, right?

J: Well, yeah. But the guy said we needed it to be longer since it tips out and we would need room to cut it.

D: *laughing* When have we EVER listened to the Morons at Home Depot (Menards, or Lowes!)?? The room is 12 ft by 12 ft... putting crown in ISN'T going to make the room bigger! And tipping it IN will actually make us need LESS! HELLO!?!

J: Oh, yeah. I guess that's right. *Sheepish Grin* It's a good thing I'm cute!

2 comments:

jodes said...

lol - dork.

Michelle said...

You know more about this stuff then I ever will...I always buy whatever they tell me at the store! :)