Sunday, February 8

Our Trip to Key Lime Cove

I can't believe I haven't updated you on our little getaway. We went to Key Lime Cove and had a great time! It was actually our first time getting away since having the kids. We went to Florida with Kylie when I was preggers with Reygann for Deric's grandmas wedding, but that's the closest we've come. We have been wanting to get away for a while, but the cost has always held us back. Deric wanted to go to a water park, but I wasn't too sure. I've been checking them out, but they all were way too pricey. I heard an ad for Key Lime Cove and just checked it out for fun, and I saw that they were having a buy a night get a night free special! It was perfect! So after sitting on it for a while we decided to book our stay, and kept it a secret from our kids! We had to wait just over a month so we figured keeping it from them was best for our sanity! Plus we like not telling them stuff and surprising them, we're odd like that! Finally the big day came and we packed up and hit the road...

My feet were freezing on the way up there, and they just wouldn't get warm! I would blast the heat and Deric would turn it down, I would blast it and he would turn it down. We did this over and over again...


it was about the time that we were driving through Chicago that I realized that we had

dual zone heat!! HELLO!! How could I forget that major detail! (This isn't the first time we have had the heat war!) So we spent the rest of the trip with the heat like this, a lot of heat for me, not so much heat for him! I even took his gloves off my toes and gave them back to him!

It wasn't long before the kids fell asleep. It was a good thing they did, we planned on playing soon as we got checked in and they were going to need their energy!

Ohh, I see it!!

Needless to say the kids were excited!

Kylie's reaction was the best!

I'm pretty sure she was trying to jump up and down in her car seat!

Look at that face!

Now look at this one!

She just woke up and really could care less!

Huh? What we are supposed to be excited about something?

Here you go... here's my excited face!

We finally got checked in and chilled in our room for a minute before hitting the pools!


Reygann took my camera a took this picture of Kylie lounging on the bed

Then I had daddy take one of the me and the kiddos

Of course a vacation wouldn't be complete without jumping on the beds!! You know, that is the only place it's allowed!



Brody was too busy playing with Kylie's goggles and swim gloves to jump

I'm not sure what is going on here, but I LOVE it!!


I guess he changed his mind

He wanted to jump too!

Ahh, a little down time after all that jumping and swimming!

Day 2


Chillin out poolside

Brody had had it with the pool and wanted to nap, so I brought him back to the room got him dressed and knew that napping was just a ploy to get out of the pool! So we walked back to take a few pictures.


This is one of the slides in the 'baby' area. The big splash at the bottom of the slide is Reygann.

You can see 2 of the slides in this pict

This is the bigger kid area. We loved this area, but Brody hated it! So we spent more time in the baby area taking turns taking the girls on the slides.

They had some fun slides... this one is the vortex and was pretty cool! The girls were too short to ride, so daddy and I took solo trips! The only bad thing about these slides were the stairs! There were 70 stairs to the top! It was killer, and dragging the tubes too... talk about a workout! The other slides are up there too, they are the ones you can see from outside the building.

This big pineapple cup would dump water down on the kids below, we only sat under it once, but it was pretty neat!


There is the other slide in the baby area!

My favorite part... the wave pool/lazy river. It wasn't until the last day that we figured out that Brody really liked the river if he was in your tube with you. We went on it many times with him in the front of the tube (the blue tubes had a hole in the back for a big person, and the hole in the front didn't go through, it had a bottom on it like a seat), but he didn't like it. But if he was snuggling you in your lap he was fine... he actually almost fell asleep on time! Too bad we didn't figure that out sooner!

Sleeping soundly after a long day

Brody too

Umm, ok. Maybe they weren't sleeping too soundly!

Or quietly! Man were those girls sawing logs!!


Our last day :0(


Yumm, was a great way to start the day... donuts!!

Isn't he too cute?

Showing off his swim trunks


yeah, I have no idea what he is doing here...

I loved how they had the place decorated! It was very homey


(pardon our bag of dirty clothes!) There was a mini fridge behind the door, that came in handy. I brought a few drinks with us so we wouldn't want to hit the vending machine! I figure we could save a few bucks were we could.

This was one of my favorite spots, I kept my stuff in the drawers and got ready here in the morning.

They had a great area for the kids with projects and games and stuff. We made these sand art magnets one of the evenings.

And of course we squeezed in a little more jumping on the beds while we still could!




Good bye pool!

I was really interested in eating here... it sounded like an interesting place. We never made it there though...

Look how big the place is! I wish we had time to explore and roam the halls...

We did get to swing through Gurnee Mills real quick! (Just barely though)

Daddy stopped at the gas station and got the kids a treat!

Yummy!

I'm pretty sure this is the only time I remember seeing Chicago from this side before!


Doesn't it look like the coulds are coming out of the building?

Kylie was out...

Brody was out...

and it took a little longer, but Reygann was finally out too.

And lastly, these were great! They were our wrist bands for the resort, they had a chip in them that you could use for a bunch of things. It was your room key, how smart is that! Seriously, where do you keep a room key while wearing a swimsuit? On your wrist of course! It was great never fumbling for your key, never losing it in your purse, or was it in your pocket? You could also allow charging priveleges on it, so you could use it in the resturants, stores, or vending machines! We had a great time, and of course we were sad to leave... hopefully we can make it back there again sometime...

I didn't get a good video of the kids jumping on the beds... but I do have this one of them jumping from one to the other. I love that Brody attacks Kylie with a hug after she lands!





4 comments:

jodes said...

i was wondering if you were ever going to post about this. Looks like you guys had an incredible weekend away!! And if you ever visited me (in the 4 years i lived in Chicago!) you would have seen Chicago from that side on your way home... just sayin.

Julie said...

You work on that side?! Huh! And I have tried to visit you 2 times. You stayed home the one day and I don't remember about the other. I don't drive in Chicago so that makes it hard to visit you!

Devin said...

Oh, man...this place looks GREAT! I may have to investigate myself....thanks for posting this and glad you had a great time!

Michelle said...

What a great time! I'm so glad you all could get away! Looks like they all had a BLAST!