Friday, May 29

House Update/Tour

I’ve has this post started for a long time.  The pictures have been uploaded and then they just sat there.  Better late than never, right?? 

HousePictures

This first shot it looking into the foyer from the family room/dining room

 HousePictures-4

You can’t really see this corner from the first picture, it is hiding behind the stairs, but I really like it for some reason.  I think I need more lamps, I love the glow it gives off.

 HousePictures-3

I like the way this turned out too.  My parents found this cabinet in their garage when the moved a few years ago.  It was COATED in paint and pretty dirty.  I just loved it though, so we swapped stuff and I got the awesome cabinet!  It took forever to strip and it still needs more (but I like it the way it is).  I do need to put a coat of poly on it since it looks pretty dull…

HousePictures-2

This could use a little more work, but I’m happy with it for now.  I ‘shopped my house’ and didn’t spend any money putting this corner together!  (Well, I bought the table from a friend for $5 a month ago… so I guess it cost me $5)

 HousePictures-1

This is the view from the front door.  I plan on getting a new rug, I’m stalking one right now waiting for it to go on clearance!

HousePictures-13 

I don’t like that when you walk in the front door you look right into the powder room… but there really wasn’t an option on where else to put it. 

HousePictures-14

(Yes, I know the doors are upside down!  We hung the cabinet that way but I haven’t had time to flip the doors yet!)

HousePictures-5

Now on to my room!  I really love my room!!  I saw this bedding when shopping with my sister and fell in LOVE with it.  It isn’t my usual style (or price range) so I didn’t really think anything about it.  …but it kept creeping back into my mind and I finally knew I had to have it!  After waiting what seems like forever I finally got the set on a KILLER sale, and I used a store card to save more money, and they had a deal going on that you get a gift card for every so much you spend.  I really made out!

HousePictures-8

I got this dresser off of Craigslist, I really liked the lines on it.  It needs to be refinished, but until we make our headboard and footboard I’m not going to do anything with it yet.  Just incase I change my mind on the color or something. 

 HousePictures-7 

This dresser I’ve had since I was 9.  I’m going to refinish it too… later.

 HousePictures-9

This is the view of the room from back by my bathroom.

 HousePictures-12 

And this pict is from the bathroom.  The door on the right is my closet.

HousePictures-10

I can’t believe I’m showing you these!!  The one side is hanging clothes…

HousePictures-11 

…and the other side and the back wall is shelves.  I moved our stuff in, but I haven’t found the time to organize it yet.  Hopefully I will find the time soon, but if I don’t at least I can close the door! :0) 

 

So, I think that’s it.  You’ve seen the whole house.  This winters project is going to be working on the basement so we can move the play room down there… so until then…

5 comments:

jodes said...

Trying. Not. To. Be. Jealous. :o) Your house turned out BEAUTIFUL!!

Erin said...

love it!!! now you can help me with my endless projects..... I seem to have designer's block after 20yrs. of doing this!!!! thanx for the inspiration :D

Michelle said...

You have done an amazing job! so proud of you! Your home is just beautiful and so special because you made it that way. Way to go on all the bargains too!

Devin said...

Julie, your house is so beautiful! I just love it. Thanks for giving us a peek! :-) I look forward to seeing more.

Brooke said...

Wow! Everything looks great! I am so impressed. You did a great job!