Monday, December 1

More Traditions

This weekend has been a busy one! After Thanksgiving, getting our Christmas tree, decorating the house, we tried to slow things down a little. We were supposed to decorate our tree Friday night, but there just wasn't time. So we switched things up a little and we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas with the 'pets' from Aunt Maggie. They were one of the first things the kids grabbed out of the Christmas boxes! It is one of our new traditions. Then Saturday while the kids were napping Deric and I put the lights on the tree and brought it in. I love watching the kids when they first see the tree lit up in the house. Brody thought it was pretty cool. When he came downstairs he plopped on the floor and just stared at the tree! Then he made me come and lay with him, so we both laid there looking at it.

After daddy got done working on the house we made homemade pizza and got busy decorating the tree. A few years back I got each of our initials on clearance from Target. Those were the first ornaments we put on the tree and each kid put on their own initial. After that it was a free for all pretty much. I dug through the ornaments and handed out the ones I wanted on the tree and Daddy helped the kids put them on if they needed help. I got stuff to make a cranberry garland, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I have so much other stuff I need to do that keeps it keeps getting pushed down on the list. Plus I want to do it while the kids are sleeping to lessen the mess! Hopefully I'll get to it before Christmas.








3 comments:

jodes said...

Wow, that's so cool Julie. I love traditions! I think we'll start a new tradition next year; setting up the tree/Chrismas stuff the weekend before Thanksgiving. Assuming there's not a basketball tournament.... doubtful but I'm hopeful.

Julie said...

BEFORE Thanksgiving? That is just heathen!

Michelle said...

I love watching Christmas come to your house! And yes you have a lot of Christmas stuff! :) You're so cute. I can't wait to come to your house someday for coffee and just really get to enjoy being mommies together. You're doing a great job. your kids are very blessed!