Sunday, January 4

Fire, Fire!!

My town does a 12th night bonfire every year, but we always forgot about it. Last year I was running out right as they lit the fire. It was so cool, I made a mental note to not forget this year, and we didn't!

We stayed in the car since it was so cold out. The girls both wanted to know what the big bush was... it was the pile of trees!

Oohhh, I love me some fire!

Look at those flames! It was only about a third of the pile too!





When the pile lit up Brody wasn't too sure, he was actually Very concerned! Daddy had to let him know everything was alright. Then I snapped this awful picture of the three of them!




Doesn't the fire kinda look like a crown here?


Of course there was a TON of smoke. And Oh did it smell good!!

I love how there is one little foof of fire separate from the rest of the flames.

See, told you there was a lot of smoke!

We drove around to the other side to check things out... It was awesome, we opened the windows and could hear the fire crackling.

The girls love it when we drive through the covered bridge, so after we left the fire we drove through the bridge and snapped this (very blurry) picture of the smoke on our way back. (Do you know just how hard it is to take a good picture when it is dark out!?)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cool fire..and it made me giggle to read your blog...remembering that you always did like odd smells like smoke and gasoline! :) There are many a times I remember you sticking your head out the car window at a gas station to smell the fumes! :)

jodes said...

awesome fire shots! Now I can't wait for ours. :o) Are you spying on me!? I had to check out JoEllen's blog - you're right, we have the same background! How Funny! What are the odds?