Thursday, January 8

Pieces of Christmas

Now that Christmas is mostly put away (well, sitting by the back door waiting to be brought out to the barn) I thought I would post a few picts of my favorite pieces in no particular order...

I love this ornament, too bad it doesn't have the whole family on it. I love all the details, the raised sparkly snow, and glittery hats and scarves... I still put it out, just more towards the back now.
This is my favorite new ornament. I got it this year since my tree was looking really sad. I got two and went back to the after Christmas sales and couldn't find any more. So sad!

This year I made a cranberry garland. This year I also bought a wooden cranberry garland on clearance! That was a sticky pain (literally! My fingers were so sore!), and to top it off it started getting moldy!

I've had this tin thing for a few years but never really knew what to do with it. This year I figured it out! It fit perfectly between the doors. I added a snowflake on the right side to balance it out... and I put it in the box as is so it is ready for next year!

These are my new stockings, I love them! We have always had snowman stockings and they never matched and really looked pretty bad together! I am so glad I have a good set now (and that I got them half off!). I also got a new Christmas tree skirt that goes along with these, yea!

These trees are also new, I love 50% off before Christmas sales!!

They worked perfectly up here, until the sled slid down (it was leaning on one leg) causing the snowman face to fall knocking the tree off the top of the cabinet. I was SO devastated that it broke. I saved the pieces I found (a lot of small tiny pieces) so hopefully I can glue it back together. I called ALL the Hobby Lobby's in the area and none of them had any more. I've even searched Ebay! I'm still bummed!

And to top it off, I like my wreath a lot better now that I gave it a face lift! Funny how that works!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your Christmas decorations. I love decorating for Christmas, but taking it all down, not so much!!!!

Michelle said...

You do have a great knack for decorating. You can come help me any time. Sorry about your Christmas tree I hope you can fix it!